Skip to main content
Clogged or backed up sink or bathtub drain- what should I do?
- Pour boiling water down your drain
- Using a cup or container, remove as much standing water as possible
- Pour an entire kettle of boiling water down the drain
- If needed, remove the standing water and after it has cooled, pour salt down the drain before more boiling water
- Use a plunger to remove debris
- You can purchase mini-sink plungers from Amazon or Home Depot like the one here.
- For kitchen sinks, check your garbage disposal
- Turn on the disposal to clear the debris.
- Throw a tray of ice or egg shells to clean out the debris
- Purchase a drain snake
- You can start with a cheap $3 plastic drain snake from Home Depot such as this one. You should have one in your home but if not, contact us and we can provide one to you free of charge
- Alternatively, you can purchase a larger hand-held or electric one. Read this link for a more thorough guide.