Read this article to learn more about transferring to a different rental in our network. Click here to see all of your end of lease options.
Who is this option good for?
This option is good for customers who:
- Want to continue growing their wealth through their Up&Up Wallet
- Want to move to a different home
- Want to move to a different neighborhood
How does it work?
- Let our team know you are interested in transferring homes by emailing email@example.com
- Our Customer Success team will review your account to ensure it is in good standing (no outstanding balances)
- If your account is in good standing, our Customer Success team will reach out to you to schedule a move-out inspection of your home
- If your home is in good condition (nothing beyond the normal wear and tear), we will connect you to our leasing team who will help you find the right home
- Move in to your new Up&Up home!
- Your Wallet will transfer directly to the new home, without interruption
Frequently asked questions
How can I see what homes you currently have available?
You can see our most up to date home inventory here: https://upandup.co/homes
What if I want to transfer to a home where the rent is more expensive?
You would be asked to re-submit your income and credit documents to be re-qualified for the increased rent amount.
What if I can’t find another home before my lease is up?
If you can’t find another home you like before your lease is up, switching to a month-to-month lease on your current rental is a great option! Doing so will give you the flexibility to continue your search until the right home becomes available.
What if I want to transfer to a new home before the end of my lease?
Generally we do not allow transfers to new homes mid-lease except for in extenuating circumstances. If you feel that this applies to you, you can reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there any requirements to transfer?
As long as your account with us is in good standing and you have kept your home in good condition (nothing beyond the normal wear and tear), you will be eligible to transfer to another home. Having an account in good standing includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Current lease has been completed
- No outstanding balance
- Generally paid on time
- Never sent to evictions
- No other history of defaulting on your lease